Re: Bar going away? (was: Re: [wmii] Re: wmii-4 fs proposal/discussion)

From: Kris Maglione <bsdaemon_AT_comcast.net>
Date: Mon, 12 Jun 2006 05:54:31 -0400

On Mon, Jun 12, 2006 at 09:25:27AM +0200, Anselm R. Garbe wrote:
>Fvwm is a floating-only WM... they don't have the problem with
>synchronization of managed area size, rescaling etc.
I only mentioned it because you mentioned '*box and many other wms', few of
which aren't floating only. But, since this is one of the things that was
keeping me awake, I'll say this. Fvwm could fairly easily be made into a
framing window manager, or whatever kind of window manager you want. I think
that it would be entirely feasable to duplicate wmii more or less exactly with
Fvwm scripting, and even to provide an fs interface with a few lines of
inferno shell script, export(4) and FvwmCommand.

--
Kris Maglione
Infinite retry on parallel printer time-out