Re: [wmii] selection buffers (PRIMARY, CLIPBOARD)

From: Anselm R. Garbe <garbeam_AT_wmii.de>
Date: Wed, 28 Jun 2006 09:28:01 +0200

On Tue, Jun 27, 2006 at 09:50:26PM +0200, Wael Nasreddine wrote:
> I have a little problem with the copy/paste in wmii, mainly between
> urxvt and opera (firefox, thunderbird etc...), When i select something
> in urxvt i can't paste it in firefox, the only solution I found is to
> use autocutsel[1] in 2 ways (not like we do it in Gnome etc...), In
> gnome it can be done via:
> - --------- CUT
> autocutsel -selection CLIPBOARD -fork
> - --------- CUT
>
> In wmii I do it with:
> - --------- CUT
> autocutsel -selection CLIPBOARD -fork
> autocutsel -selection PRIMARY -fork
> - --------- CUT

That sounds scary, because I can cut'n'paste between firefox and
xterm without any problem. Don't ask me to check urxvt (I will
only after schmorp has fixed the bug I reported). Maybe urxvt is
broken in some other way. Can you check if it works with xterm
for you?

Actually wmii has nothing todo with cut'n'paste problems,
because the mechanism is WM-independent. To make sure urxvt and
firefox both use the same mechanisms try following:

1.a) Select some text in urxvt
  b) run wmiipsel and check if the selected text is printed

2.a) Select some text in firefox
  b) run wmiipsel and check if the selected text is printed

Please tell me if it works, thx.

Regards,