Re: [wmii] Fwd: [wmii-hackers] suckless.org - new primary domain, wmii.de, wmii.net, shortest.de and 10kloc.org going to be dropped

From: Mauro Sauco <sauco_AT_amazon.com>
Date: Thu, 12 Oct 2006 16:05:51 +0900

On 2006/10/12_AT_08:53, <Anselm R. Garbe> wrote:

> > >You are too pessimistic. If you'd invest the time you complain
> > >about the situation into being productive and updating existing
> > >links which haven't been updated yet
> >
> > The problem aren't the links he or you can update - it's more all those
> > online articles/reviews/whatnot that certainly will not be updated. A
> > typical user reads something, wants to check it out, gets a broken link,
> > thinks "oh well, another dead project". Few will think "and yet - I will
> > find it!" and start googling.

  Anselm> For those cases I can agree, but those who are really
  Anselm> interested will google or visit freshmeat. I doubt that most
  Anselm> will think "another dead project" without googling...

Why no reclaim the domain, announce retirement on the site and redirect.
or just cname it till everyone is happy with the retirement. (one year
wont cost more than 10USD)

my two cents ..

//mauro//