Re: [wmii] libixp compilation errors

From: Anselm R. Garbe <arg_AT_suckless.org>
Date: Mon, 16 Oct 2006 09:19:17 +0200

On Fri, Oct 13, 2006 at 07:08:54PM +0200, Stefan Tibus wrote:
> On Fri, 13 Oct 2006 17:41:06 +0200, Anselm R. Garbe wrote:
> > Yes, please sync with hg tip (nil has been removed everywhere)
> > and recheck. Patches would be highly welcome, I don't work on
> > libixp/wmii during the weekend. I'm also offline because my DSL
> > provider has not established a new account for me yet.
>
> Hello Anselm,
>
> well, as said before, I don't have mercurial, but I got the sources
> from http://www.suckless.org/repos/wmii by getting the files
> mentioned in the Makefile one by one. I have attached a diff with
> the quick'n'dirty changes needed to make it compile, but the result
> doesn't work up to now. (Probably it needs more to fix these
> incompatibilities than just commenting them out...)

Yes that won't work...

> Anyways, the make-logs still show a lot of warnings (besides dmenu
> which compiles fine without any modifications required)...

Hmm, I agree that the return foo() in void functions is ugly
(dunno why Kris made such stuff), but other things like the
array initialization are C99 compliant. Maybe you need some
special compiler flag? I'm not sure if shifts in enum
declarations are GNU style or C99 as well...

Out of curiosity, does my wmii-3.x libixp compile with this sun
compiler?

Regards,

--
 Anselm R. Garbe  ><><  http://suckless.org/~arg/  ><><  GPG key: 0D73F361