Re: [wmii] wmii is blocking drag&drop in gtk

From: Anselm R. Garbe <arg_AT_suckless.org>
Date: Wed, 25 Oct 2006 10:34:00 +0200

On Wed, Oct 25, 2006 at 01:03:00AM +0200, Daniel Danner wrote:
> after a long period of pain with absolute no drag&drop working in any gtk app
> (including movement of bookmarks in firefox), I just found out, that it's
> actuallly wmii's fault. No offense. ;)

I can't reproduce this, just checked hg tip of wmii with the
"Organize Bookmarks" dialog of firefox and drag'n'drop works
like a charm.

If the window is focused, the wmii (and dwm) has no passive or
active mouse grabs with an empty modifier mask on such windows,
thus the d'n'd issue can't be related to the window manager.

If you expect things to work in conjunction with $MODKEY and
d'n'd this won't work, because wmii (and dwm) passively grabs the
window on $MODKEY-Button{1,3} presses. But I haven't seen any
app providing d'n'd features with a modifier key.

> PS: Since I don't really know which further information could be helpful, just
> tell me, please.

Well tell me if you are able to d'n'd the bookmarks in the table
of the "Organize Bookmarks" dialog in firefox.

Regards,

--
 Anselm R. Garbe  ><><  http://suckless.org/~arg/  ><><  GPG key: 0D73F361