Re: [wmii] improved dmenu-1.4-bottom-patch for wmii users

From: Denis Grelich <denisg_AT_suckless.org>
Date: Wed, 22 Nov 2006 22:06:55 +0100

On Wed, 22 Nov 2006 20:02:54 +0100
"Stefan Tibus" <sjti_AT_gmx.net> wrote:

> Also, I made the padding match wmii's bar,

Actually, it was planned to adapt wmii's look to dmenu ;)

> As far as I could follow, wmii calculates the bar height as
> font.ascent + font.descent + 4,
> but this results in 1 pixel too high here, so I made it +3. Does
> anybody know where this may come from?

I think I know. X11's drawing libraries are crap. Some (note: not all!)
instruction to move »width« pixels to the right when drawing, which is
an off-by-one. Pretty much annoying. More annoying is that this could
vary from version to version and from platform to platform.

Greetings,
Denis