Re: [wmii] wmiimenu/dmenu prompt option?

From: Anselm R. Garbe <arg_AT_suckless.org>
Date: Tue, 12 Dec 2006 07:46:37 +0100

On Mon, Dec 11, 2006 at 10:40:55PM -0800, Suraj N. Kurapati wrote:
> I feel that the only thing wmiimenu and dmenu are missing is a
> prompt option. This option would let you specify a string that is
> displayed before the input-area (just like the -p option for the
> /usr/bin/read program).
>
> For example,
>
> $ echo ant bear cat | wmiimenu -p "what's your name?"
>
> # and then on my screen, I would see something like:
>
> what's your name? ________________ [ant] [bear] [cat]
>

> This ability would enable people to make better interactive scripts
> (like how mfp's ruby-wmii uses wmiimenu to manage bookmarks).
>
> Thanks for your consideration.

I removed that option from dmenu, it was present in wmiimenu
until dmenu's appearance afaik (dunno if it was there already in
wmii-3.1). I didn't saw much use in it, and I'm still not sure
if it's a good idea, because I believe that there is semantic
meaning in the menu items already.

Regards,

--
 Anselm R. Garbe >< http://suckless.org/~arg/ >< GPG key: 0D73F361