Re: [wmii] How to set geometry in 3.5?

From: Timo Benk <timo.benk_AT_gmx.de>
Date: Wed, 27 Dec 2006 15:57:44 +0100

Denis Grelich wrote:
> On Wed, 27 Dec 2006 11:07:56 +0100
> Timo Benk <timo.benk_AT_gmx.de> wrote:
>> in 3.1 there was a /client/NUM/geom file which is missing in 3.5.
>> Anybody who knows how to set the geometry in 3.5?
>
> I'm afraid, but this is not possible. It's a feature that is missing in
> 3.5, since there were difficulties in finding the right interface for
> it (the geom file sucked for various reasons, i.e. it referring only to
> the selected tag).
Ok, but how can i change the size of a window in floating mode?

IMO foating mode is quite useless if you cannot change the size of the
windows, but for some applications you will need floating mode.

IMHO the easiest way would be a /tag/sel/NUM/geom interface, where NUM
corresponds to /client/NUM but is a different directory with additional
files like "geom" to set the geometry per tag.

Greetings,
-timo

--
Timo Benk - Jabber ID: fry_AT_jabber.org - ICQ ID: #241877854
PGP Public Key: http://m28s01.vlinux.de/timo_benk_gpg_key.asc