Re: [wmii] Hygene in wmii/libixp repositories

From: Denis Grelich <denisg_AT_suckless.org>
Date: Wed, 3 Jan 2007 19:12:09 +0100

On Wed, 3 Jan 2007 18:38:11 +0100
"Anselm R. Garbe" <arg_AT_suckless.org> wrote:

> Hi there,
>
> I just synced my local working copies of wmii and libixp and
> noticed following annoyances:
>
> 1. There is a wmii-3.5.1 release, but the wmii/config.mk of the
> repo refers to wmii-3.5 (beside the fact that the repo version
> is tagged with 3.5.1).
>
> Please update config.mk properly also in the repository, maybe
> retag that state with 3.5.1 (and remove the older 3.5.1 tag of
> the changeset accordingly, same applies for the newly created
> wmii-3.5 repository).
>
> 2. There is a libixp-0.2 release, but the libixp/config.mk
> versions of the repo refers to libixp-0.1 (beside the fact that
> the repo version has not yet been tagged with 0.2).
>
> Are the tar'ed releases different to the repo?
>
> So, please also fix the libixp release, just modify config.mk to
> reflect version 0.2 and tag the repo accordingly.
> Thanks in advance,
> --
> Anselm R. Garbe >< http://suckless.org/~arg/ >< GPG key: 0D73F361

There's a difference indeed between the repos of 3.5 and the tarred
release of 3.5.1. VERSION in the wmii script is expanded to the value
of the config.mk in the repos, whereas it is fixed to 3.5 in the
release. Otherwise people's dot-folder in their home directory would be
set to ~/.wmii-3.5.1.
On the other hand the config.mk of the repos does not say 3.5.1, but
3.5.
I've chosen to do so since I did not want to change the scripts for
such a minor release, and there is no incompatibility between 3.5 and
3.5.1.

As for libixp, I just forgot to push the change, though it is in the
tarred version.

Greetings,
Denis