[wmii] Idle Detection Feature Proposal

From: Alexis Hildebrandt <afh_AT_2drop.net>
Date: Tue, 16 Jan 2007 11:57:38 +0100

Hello,
Denis has been kind enough to add a couple events, which enhance the
scriptability of wmii. Thanks a lot for that =)

Two events that could be very useful in combination with slock (or other
screen locking mechanism for that matter) are:
Idle & Active

What do you think?
Is that a feature you could be interested in?
Is there another feasible solution already available, that runs slock
after a configurable time of user idleness?

I have no idea whether the event loops used in wmii or libixp support
idle detection or not. I'll have a look if someone that knows the wmii
and libixp code by heart points me to a location where I could start
digging.

Best regards,
Alexis

--