Re: [wmii] Re: quick thanks... for wmii

From: Uriel <lost.goblin_AT_gmail.com>
Date: Fri, 19 Jan 2007 18:59:09 +0100

I have no clue about dead keys, never had any use for them anyway, but
on Plan 9(and I think p9p) you certainly don't need them, you can
enter all the german/french/spanish chars(and a few more) easily from
an US keyboard layout, see keyboard(6) for details.

This is another wonderful Plan 9 feature that I miss every time I have
to use some other idiotic system where I need to figure out how to
change the damned keymap just to enter a few characters from another
language, on Plan 9 they are all on your finger tips, from
mathematical symbols to chess pieces(!), and including greek, latin
cyrillic alphabets. Look around /lib/keyboard and have fun finding out
how to type characters you didn't even know existed in Unicode.

As for azerty, I know a few people that uses azerty with Plan 9, and I
can't think why it should be any problem, unlike vi, Plan 9 apps make
no assumptions about keyboard layout.

uriel