Re: [wmii] Re: quick thanks... for wmii

From: Uriel <lost.goblin_AT_gmail.com>
Date: Sat, 20 Jan 2007 03:09:15 +0100

Sure, now that is a fair request, here are some starting points:

* cat -v considered harmful:
http://gaul.org/files/program_design_in_the_unix_environment.ps
* The Unix Programming Environment: http://cm.bell-labs.com/cm/cs/upe/
* The Practice of Programming: http://cm.bell-labs.com/cm/cs/tpop/
* The various Software Tools series by Brian Kernighan
* The Elements of Programming Style by Brian W. Kernighan and P. J.
Plauger (ISBN 0-07-034207-5)
* The Mythical Man-Month by Fred Brooks
* The Elements of Style, aka Strunk & White (not computer related, but
very relevant to good and clear style in programming and in design)
* And of course the collection of Plan 9 papers:
http://plan9.bell-labs.com/sys/doc/

There are a few more things, I should write them up some time, but
this should make a good start.

uriel