Re: [wmii] Assigning custom keybindings

From: Kris Maglione <bsdaemon_AT_comcast.net>
Date: Mon, 12 Feb 2007 13:04:09 -0500

On Fri, Feb 09, 2007 at 04:30:41PM +0000, Mark Gibbens wrote:
>Ideally, I think I'd like to try using my cursor keys for navigating,
>and punctuation keys for the wmii commands - all with Mod1 as the
>modifier.

You'll want to remap them to some other keysym so they lose their
original meaning and you can use them as a modifier (for your grabmod,
for instance). You'll probably want to assign them to Super_L and
Super_R, which are Mod4. This in your ~/.Xmodmap should do:

keysym Left = Super_L
keysym Right = Super_R

You might also consider using your insert key, if it's aptly placed.