Re: [wmii] "Rows" of columns? (feature/behaviour suggestion)

From: Kris Maglione <bsdaemon_AT_comcast.net>
Date: Tue, 13 Feb 2007 13:17:11 -0500

On Tue, Feb 13, 2007 at 05:54:05PM +0000, Mark Gibbens wrote:
>(I need to learn C - I always feel bad making suggestions without
>being able to contribute to the solution! - gimme a few months, and
>I'll see what I can do ;)

Don't expect to learn what you need in a few months. It's not about
learning C, but learning how to program, especially in paradigms that
work well in C. You have to know where to look, and, if you want a
suggestion, avoid code with many #ifdefs like the plague. This goes
double for glib and glibc type code. Most of us who work on wmii are
great fans of anything by Ken, especially KenCC and the Plan 9 kernel.
You'd also be well advised to read the Plan 9 papers, and anything by
Rob Pike (though his code is ugly).