Re: [wmii] "Rows" of columns? (feature/behaviour suggestion)

From: Uriel <uriel99_AT_gmail.com>
Date: Tue, 13 Feb 2007 20:31:25 +0100

Should we change wmii next so it works well in cellphones too?

If your screen is too small to run all your apps, put them in different views.

We had rows once already and it *SUCKED*, you can't have a wm(or any
piece of software) that does *EVERYTHING* without sucking at doing
everything. Common things should be easy, rare things should be
possible, the managed layer makes common things easy, the floating
layer makes rare things possible.

Or do you suggest that everyone should sacrifice the sanity their wm
just because some people can come up with some absurdly obscure corner
case where a completely different window management model might be
more convenient, and they can't be bothered to spend 3 seconds(tops)
to do it in a float layer. yes, window movement and resizal still
sucks badly both in managed and floating modes, and that is what
*MUST* be fixed, and that is something *EVERYONE* will benefit from.

uriel