Re: [wmii] "Rows" of columns? (feature/behaviour suggestion)

From: Kris Maglione <bsdaemon_AT_comcast.net>
Date: Wed, 14 Feb 2007 12:22:27 -0500

On Wed, Feb 14, 2007 at 05:46:37PM +0100, Denis Grelich wrote:
>This is impossible. You can't show a window two times on the same
>screen. I don't even know how that would work semantically, since the
>sizes of the two instances of the window could differ.

It's possible, it's just ugly and rather pointless. You just have to
have separate frames for each instance of the client and paint it with
some indicator where the two collide. Even if that weren't ugly, there's
little to be gained by this behavior. I'd consider it for Xinerama
support (but I've decided against it so far), but definately not for
"rows of columns". That is incredibly clumsy and altogether worthless in
my appraisal.