Re: [wmii] wmii and conkeror

From: nicky van foreest <vanforeest_AT_gmail.com>
Date: Sat, 17 Feb 2007 21:02:56 +0100

Hi Jeremy,

> A simple solution, if you happen to have an extra key on your keyboard,
> such as a "Windows" key, is to use that as your modifier. Otherwise,
> perhaps consider rebinding one of your two alts or controls as a new
> modifier (such as Mod4) and using that.

Thanks. After some trying I figured out that mod4 is bound to my two
windows keys. However, how can you find this out directly, i.e,
without setting the modkey to some modifier, restarting wmii, and
cheching whether it works? xev does not tell me that the windows key
is called mod4.

I must admit that for the last 10 years I have been able to completely
ignore the windows key. This key reminded me of Uncle Bill, hence I
never strove to find a useful purpose for it. It is truely cynical
that due to my enthousiasm for wmii and xemacs I cannot avoid this
key any longer :-)

I'll update the faq on this. It would have saved me, at least,
considerable time.

bye

NIcky