Re: [wmii] Focus bug

From: Kris Maglione <bsdaemon_AT_comcast.net>
Date: Thu, 22 Feb 2007 03:55:10 -0500

On Thu, Feb 22, 2007 at 09:17:07AM +0100, Denis Grelich wrote:
>Situation: two windows, one with focus, one without. Press any button,
>but don't release, over the focused window. Move the cursor over the
>other window. The focus does not follow!

I assume that you consider this a wmii bug? The focus doesn't follow
because while the pointer is down, the X server doesn't generate any
Enter of Leave events, so there's no way to know that the mouse has
moved from one window to another. I suppose that this is an X "feature".

--
Kris Maglione
Nothing is impossible for the person who doesn't have