[wmii] [ANN] wmii-irb (interactive ruby shell for wmii)

From: Suraj N. Kurapati <skurapat_AT_ucsc.edu>
Date: Tue, 27 Feb 2007 04:40:03 -0800

Hello,

I have upgraded my previous attempt[1] at an interactive Ruby shell
for wmii to work with the latest wmii from hg tip. I call this
"wmii-irb" because it allows wmii to be manipulated from IRB.

This package has no dependencies on any wmiirc configuration. For
example, it serves as a medium through which my Ruby-based wmiirc
interacts with wmii. Thus, I hope it is used as a library for other
Ruby-based wmiirc's.

Here are the setup instructions, if you want to try it out (just
copy and paste the stuff below into a terminal):

# obtain source code
  darcs get http://www.soe.ucsc.edu/~snk/pub/src/wmii-irb/
  cd wmii-irb/

# satisfy dependencies
  svn co svn://svn.gna.org/svn/rubyixp/trunk ruby-ixp

# view API reference
  rdoc [^_]*
  firefox doc/index.html &

# run the interactive shell
  chmod +x wmii-irb
  ./wmii-irb

  # type "current" and press TAB
  # type "next" and press TAB
  # type "prev" and press TAB

Also, I have upgraded my old[1] Ruby-based wmiirc (which now makes
use of wmii-irb) to work with wmii's hg tip. It might serve as an
example of how the wmii-irb API is used. You can obtain it here:

  darcs get http://www.soe.ucsc.edu/~snk/pub/src/wmiirc/

Finally, I will try to keep this wmii-irb package up to date with
wmii's hg tip. Nevertheless, patches and feedback are welcome. :)

Cheers.

[1]http://www.soe.ucsc.edu/~snk/2006-07-01-wmii-3.1-configuration-in-ruby.html