Re: [wmii] Gnome Panel

From: Suraj N. Kurapati <skurapat_AT_ucsc.edu>
Date: Tue, 28 Aug 2007 19:42:53 -0700

Aaron Grattafiori wrote:
> This seems to defeat the purpose of using wmii, I have not tried it and I
> doubt anyone else has. (i don't think it would work very well).

I occasionally use gnome-panel in wmii because I don't know the
commands for many of the system-configuration tools in Ubuntu.

Anyway, here's what you have to do to get it working:

1. Right click on the panel and choose "properties".

2. Deactivate the "expand" check-box.

Now all the icons should appear!

Also, be sure to delete the other useless panel (which usually
contains the task list, "show desktop" button, and "trash" button).

> I use wmii because its lightweight, fast, minimal and allows me a high
> degree of control via keyboard and control via customization.

More important to me is the plan9fs feature, which allows me to
control wmii using my favorite programming language, Ruby:

http://rassmalog.rubyforge.org/blog/2006-07-01-wmii-3.1-configuration-in-ruby.html