[wmii] Compiling on a 64 bit system

From: Brian Amberg <wmii_AT_brian-amberg.de>
Date: Fri, 31 Aug 2007 09:52:54 +0200

Hello,

I'm a happy user of wmii. It is a great piece of software.

I'm running it on a 64 bit system, and I just noticed some
pointer-integer arithmetic problems in the wmii code. As 64 bit
pointers don't fit into 32bit int datatypes, it is neccessary to use
unsigned long for pointer arithmetic. I am attaching a diff with the
neccessary changes against wmii-tip to this email.

As I understand it should work on 32 bit and 64 bit systems, but I did
not test this.

Thanks for the great software,

Brian

--