Re: [wmii] Fwd: Wmii bug

From: Suraj N. Kurapati <snk_AT_gna.org>
Date: Wed, 19 Sep 2007 19:09:40 -0700

Pawel wrote:
> "Suraj N. Kurapati" <snk_AT_gna.org> writes:
>
>> It used to be the case that the Debian package was out of sync
>> with the wmii source repository. Now they only need to fix
>> their package's version number, because there is no version 3.6
>> at present.
>
> I'm curious what version number Debian maintainer should use for
> the latest snapshot of wmii (20070516)?

At present, we are beyond version 3.1 and before version 3.5. But
those two versions are radically different.

I think it would make sense for the Debian maintainer to label the
current snapshot as "snapshot 20070516 of version 3.5" -- fit that
into the Debian package naming convention.

> Is it a still 3.5 branch?

Yes, you can think of the current snapshot as a "preview" of the
upcoming 3.5 version, which has yet to be released.