Re: [wmii] slock XID patch

From: Chris King <colanderman_AT_gmail.com>
Date: Thu, 15 Nov 2007 22:14:10 -0500

On 11/15/07, bharder <bharder_AT_methodlogic.net> wrote:
> Didn't work on my Debian Etch, though :P
>
> Nor on a FreeBSD box I just tried -- becoming less and less portable the more it's explored ;)

OHHH I figured out what was happening... I thought I was using the
binary from Debian, but it turns out I was actually using the one from
plan9port! So you're right, this is portable only if your definition
of "portable" only includes Plan 9 :P

I swear I had seen this trick before somewhere though... either it was
only for Plan 9, or it used some other similar program instead of
fortune.