Re: [wmii] [ANN] New snap, major changes: wmii+ixp-20080120

From: Kris Maglione <jg_AT_suckless.org>
Date: Tue, 22 Jan 2008 17:08:19 -0500

On Tue, Jan 22, 2008 at 10:40:36PM +0100, Ruben Gonzalez Arnau wrote:
> With new snap I see wmii with a strange line in the middle,

Yes, that's been fixed.

> also some
> shortcuts works and others don't,

Which shortcuts don't work? Do you get any console messages when
you try them?

>also now it reads my rc.wmii.local, but
> some things does not work like 'putting old green theme'.

Ah, sorry, I changed the color variables:
wmiinormcol
wmiifocuscol
wmiifont

I'd forgotten about that.

> Running startx I see this awk warning, maybe helps too.
> awk: warning: escape sequence `\.' treated as plain `.'

Odd. It must be from the rehash action. It still does the right
thing.

> # WMII GREEN I am very happy with the old color scheme :)

I rather liked it too, but the general concensus seemed to be
otherwise.

  fn Key-$MODKEY-b {
- wmiir xwrite /ctl view `{ read_tags | sort -r | next_tag}
+ wmiir xwrite /ctl view `{ read_tags | tail -r | next_tag}
  }
  fn Key-$MODKEY-Left {
- wmiir xwrite /ctl view `{ read_tags | sort -r | next_tag}
+ wmiir xwrite /ctl view `{ read_tags | tail -r | next_tag}
  }

> fn Key-$MODKEY-Shift-b {
> run_command sleep 1 && slock &
> }

This will cause problems. The sleep 1 will happen in the
background, and the path won't be changed for slock. I'm not
quite sure why you even need it. At any rate, just:
   sleep 1; slock &
should do.

> fn Key-$MODKEY-Shift-F12 {
> run_command scrot $home/screenshots/$apid.jpg &
> }

Again, you probably don't need run_command.

--
Kris Maglione
Nature always sides with the hidden flaw.