Re: [wmii] Setting EWMH Struts?

From: Kris Maglione <jg_AT_suckless.org>
Date: Fri, 21 Mar 2008 13:46:58 -0400

On Thu, Mar 06, 2008 at 05:23:49PM -0700, David Morris wrote:
>That'd be fantastic. I'd be glad to act as the ginnie pig
>to test it out.

Sorry it's taken so long. In the latest hg tip, there's a
directory, cmd/strut, which contains the program wistrut. When
given a window id, it will watch it and set its struts whenever
it's touching the side of the screen, and when its dimension
perpendicular to that side is less than half of the screen's
corresponding dimension. I indend to add more features, namely,
automatically moving the window to the given side. Maybe even
swallowing the window (which is probably illegal) and
restricting it to a given side. I think that that functionality
would be better implemented in wmii, though, and I'm still
considering doing just that.

As a side note, this is not strictly EWMH compliant.

--
Kris Maglione
The lagging activity in a project will invariably be found