[wmii] scripting wmii geometry

From: sofeng <sofengboe_AT_gmail.com>
Date: Tue, 3 Jun 2008 15:09:48 -0700

Firstly, I enjoy using wmii very much. Thank you for a great product.
I appreciate the recent addition of the "grow" command to resize clients
in the 20080520 snapshot.

Is there a way to set the wmii column widths to a preset value (e.g. 80+20
or 50+50)
dynamically? I would like to be able to press a key combination
and set the column widths to a specified preset value (e.g. 80+20),
then press another key combo to get to another preset value (e.g. 50+50).
I see what appears to be geometry information using "wmiir read
/tag/sel/index".
But it is not writable, so I cannot change it. Is there a command to
set geometries to a specified value?

Also, I have a somewhat related question: Is there a way to save current
client sizes in default mode so I can preserve the geometries when switching
between stacked and default modes?

Thank you very much for the great work. I'm looking forward to 3.7.

sofeng