Re: [wmii] changing font size of terminals

From: David Morris <lists_AT_morris-clan.net>
Date: Tue, 3 Jun 2008 20:03:40 -0600

On Tue, Jun 3, 2008 at 5:11 AM, Ivan F. Villanueva B.
<wmii_AT_artificialidea.com> wrote:
> Hi,
> I would like to decrease the font size of xterms when moving them to the right
> column. I wonder if someone could point me to the right direction. The info I
> guess I need is
>
> a) how to change the font size of an already open terminal from another
> process
>
> b) how to detect in wmii that I move a xterm to the right column and start
> a process that does a)

Interesting idea. One possibility would be to use the
terminal "mrxvt", which (among other features) allows
creation of a command "pipe" which you can write text
commands to (in much the same way you use wmiir to write to
the special wmiir file-system, except dumping data directly
into the file.

Then all you need to do is modify the key bindings to check
if the client is moving to a specific column and if the
client is a commandable mrxvt terminal window. If so, then
write the font resize command.

Of course, if you're using mrxvt anyways, you have a simple
key binding you can use to change font size which is
configurable in mrxvt itself (Ctrl-+ and Ctrl-_).

--David