[wmii] wmii-3.6 with plan9port-20080416

From: Yoshi Rokuko <yoshi.rokuko_AT_yokuts.org>
Date: Thu, 19 Jun 2008 18:47:29 +0200

Hi,

just recently I discovered wmii and reinstalled it on my new slackware
12.1. Wmii really seems to be all I wanted (I really love dmenu and the
window management in general), so I thought if these guys recommend
plan9port, I will install this beforehand too. So I did.

I did pretty much nothing like customizing in the few days I used wmii
on slackware 12.0 without plan9, but now, that there is no statusbar
at all, I feel the need.

I have the feeling that http://www.suckless.org/wiki/wmii/docs/guide is
not much of a help (?) because if I do:

bash-3.1$ wmiir read /bar
wmiir: fatal: Can't open file '/bar': file not found

To make it short can someone point me into the right direction where I
can find information about how to make a statusbar?

Thank you in advance,

y0shi

--
psyc://nemesis.psyc.biz/~y0shi