Re: [wmii] wmii on wikipedia

From: Anselm R. Garbe <arg_AT_suckless.org>
Date: Sat, 12 Jul 2008 12:39:17 +0200

On Fri, Jul 11, 2008 at 04:23:15PM -0400, Kris Maglione wrote:
> On Fri, Jul 11, 2008 at 10:01:21AM +0200, Anselm R. Garbe wrote:
> >My personal opinion is that also the wmii related stuff would
> >fit well into the one wiki for all programs idea, though I you
> >disagree let me know and we can change it. But this would mean
> >that we have a real divorce of wmii and suckless. Which would be
> >fine with me, since I don't care about wmii anymore, but the
> >other way is fine with me as well.
>
> No, I think that they should still be part of the same wiki. I
> think that the other suckless.org apps and ideas go along well
> with wmii, and it would be silly to divorce them. I just want a
> cannonical domain. The current redirect is fine with me, for the
> time being.

Ok I'm happy with this, because I think the same.

wmii.suckless.org will be automatically redirected to
www.suckless.org/wmii, and dwm.suckless.org to
www.suckless.org/dwm -- to add some shortcuts which make it
easier for external links to end up at the right place.

Note the www.suckless.org (currently dweb.suckless.org) host
will change soon, the gandi host was the cheapest and easiest
solution for the temporary development. I ordered an UK-based
host already which will serve as the new wiki/www host, though
the transition will be smooth if you stick to the
www.suckless.org domain.

I will prepare the switch today. The mailinglists will keep the
same address but we will move from mailman to mlmmj -- so don't
worry anydot does the transition, he has more experience in this
stuff.

Also note, even if I will announce this separately today -- that
I will move all repositories to code.suckless.org today, and
that I will use the ssh keys I received to set you up user
accounts on the new host.

I wanted to do that much earlier, but unfortunately my private
and business life was rather busy during the last months that I
had to postpone and postpone again.

I kept free this weekend to do the actual switch.

Kind regards,