[wmii] Re: Using wmii with NX

From: Naren <byteflow_AT_gmail.com>
Date: Tue, 28 Oct 2008 18:41:10 -0500

Hi all,

I've been using wmii for a few months now, and it has been great. I
had a question that I couldn't find the answer to. Any help will be
much appreciated.

I am running wmii on my desktop. Now, there is a remote-session
manager tool called "NX" which allows one to control a desktop session
running on a remote machine. What I would like to do, is run wmii on
the remote desktop as well. You can think of NX as being similar in
spirit to VNC, but different/better in many ways.

The problem is - when I run the NX client and it brings up the remote
desktop, my local wmii always captures my keybindings. This can't be
worked around like other applications, because obviously I'd like the
same keybindings to work both on the local wmii and the remote wmii.

Is there a way to tell wmii to not capture the keybindings when a
window is in fullscreen mode or something like that ? What other way
can I deal with this ?

Thanks a lot for your comments/insight.

NK