[wmii] rc.wmii and escape characters

From: michupitka <temp0607_AT_mail.securge.net>
Date: Tue, 11 Nov 2008 23:44:48 +0000

Hello,

Very limited width of status bar is kind of issue for me so I want to
strip default date output by removing "GMT 2008". I would rather modify
date utility parameters than use sed.

It can be easly done (I hope so) by invoking `date "+%a %b %d %H:%M:%S"`
in Status Bar Info section of rc.wmii
And here is the problem, no matter what I try I just can't make it
works, date is not displayed at all or has some dodgy value. I belive
that it has nothing to do with wmii itself and it's just a matter of
setting correct escape characters.

Can anybody help me with this configuration, please? All my experiments
failed. I'm using wmii-3.6 on FreeBSD with tcsh shell.

Michal

--
"If the facts don't fit the theory, change the facts." -Albert Einstein