[wmii] Auto Layout

From: Donny Jekels <Donny.Jekels_AT_imc-chicago.com>
Date: Thu, 13 Nov 2008 12:04:05 -0600

All;

I am a newbie to wmii; somehow an avid shell scripter and totally enjoy every bit of wmii

On my workstation I have dual 21" monitors next to each other and when I log in I painstakingly fire up 20 xterms;

Lay them out: (window #1)
right monitor:
            total columns = 4
                    column 1 holds 2 xterm windows (scratch pads) [ work area ]
                    column 1 holds 3 xterm windows (various top/while loops to core servers and routers) [ monitoring ]
                    column 1 holds 5 xterm windows (constant mtr sessions to varios locations throughout our environment) [ monitoring ]
                    column 1 holds 5 xterm windows ( constant mtr sessions to varios locations throughout our environment) [ monitoring ]

left monitor:
            total columns = 2
                    column 1 holds ~8 xterm windows (stacked) [ work area - where I do my day to day stuff(don't ask) ]
                    column 1 holds ~4 xterm windows (stacked) [ holds eclipse, firefox; and other usefull programs ]

Apart from the layout I then have short aliases that ssh <remote> <command> in each of the monitoring windows

This is my main layout on window 1 and I want it to automatically layout and fire up all my ssh sessions - upon reboot or x11 crash etc...

Can anyone please get me started in the right direction, that would be great.
Thx,
Donny

The information in this e-mail is intended only for the person or entity to which it is addressed.

It may contain confidential and /or privileged material. If someone other than the intended recipient should receive this e-mail, he / she shall not be entitled to read, disseminate, disclose or duplicate it.

If you receive this e-mail unintentionally, please inform us immediately by "reply" and then delete it from your system. Although this information has been compiled with great care, neither IMC B.V. nor any of its related entities shall accept any responsibility for any errors, omissions or other inaccuracies in this information or for the consequences thereof, nor shall it be bound in any way by the contents of this e-mail or its attachments. In the event of incomplete or incorrect transmission, please return the e-mail to the sender and permanently delete this message and any attachments.

Messages and attachments are scanned for all known viruses. Always scan attachments before opening them.