Re: [wmii] java apps stop receiving keyboard events

From: Suraj Kurapati <sunaku_AT_gmail.com>
Date: Sat, 10 Jan 2009 20:28:13 -0800

Suraj Kurapati wrote:
> Kris Maglione wrote:
>> It may be that I have OpenJDK/Classpath (IcedTea) instead of the Sun JRE.
>
> Interesting! I have only been using Sun JDK 6 so far. I will try the
> OpenJDK6 and see if the bug still occurs. (*fingers crossed* I hope
> I never see that bug again!)

Yeehaw! So far so good! :-)

OpenJDK seems a bit sluggish than Sun Java, but the keystroke bug has
not yet occurred.

Another bonus is that OpenJDK has fixed a Sun Java bug where Java
Swing would sometimes draw artifacts from the previous rendering when
you re-opened a dialog box. For example, if you re-opened the "Search
and Replace" dialog after doing a search and replace, the replacement
field would appear to still have text in it -- even though it was
really empty.

Finally, even the fonts look better with OpenJDK: it finally
recognizes the system fonts for Serif, SansSerif, and Monospace (with
antialiasing!).

Hurray! I'll try running jEdit continuously for a week and report
back if the bug occurs (*fingers crossed* again).

Many many thanks for your help, Kris.