Re: [wmii] java apps stop receiving keyboard events

From: Suraj Kurapati <sunaku_AT_gmail.com>
Date: Sun, 11 Jan 2009 12:54:34 -0800

New instructions for reproducing the bug:

0. You should configure jEdit to draw window & dialog box borders
using "Swing look and feel". Go in Utilities > Global Options >
Appearance and enable the two checkboxes. Then restart jEdit.

1. The main jEdit window should be in the managed layer and should
have focus (the window border should be SELCOLORS).

2. Press Control-O to open the "File open" dialog.

3. There is a brief moment after the "File open" dialog appears where:

* the "File open" dialog's window border does not have SELCOLORS
* the main jEdit window has the SELCOLORS

4. In the next moment, the SELCOLORS shifts from the main jEdit
window to the "File open" dialog. I observe that the "File open"
dialog's window border is given SELCOLORS, and then the main jEdit
window loses its SELCOLORS. That is, there is a brief moment when
*both* the "File open" dialog and the main jEdit window have
SELCOLORS!

If you begin typing at step 3, the "File open" dialog no longer
receives keyboard input at step 4.

So, this bug seems to be due to a race condition between me typing and
wmii switching the focus between clients.

Any ideas, Kris?