[wmii] wmii crashes on exit

From: Giuseppe Pagnoni <gpagnoni_AT_gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 28 Jan 2009 10:04:59 +0100

Dear all,

I have been observing a strange behavior with wmii (3.6) on my system.
 At times, especially when wmii has been running for a long time, when
I exit it ("quit"), the screen goes black (does not return to console)
and the only way to get the system back is to power-cycle it. Even
stranger is the fact that this happens on *both* operating systems
that this machine dual-boots: FreeBSD 7.1 and Ubuntu 8.10 (both 32-bit
versions).

Could this be related to some hardware issue (I am thinking of the
usual suspect, the nVidia card...)? The nVidia card (GeForce 9500 GT)
is running under the proprietary driver (v. 177.80) and the system
motherboard is an Asus P5Q Pro with 3GB of RAM.

thanks in advance for any comments/suggestions

cheers,
   giuseppe