Re: [wmii] BUG: Filesystem does not show /client, wmiir does

From: sqweek <sqweek_AT_gmail.com>
Date: Thu, 29 Jan 2009 09:17:39 +0900

On Thu, Jan 29, 2009 at 4:59 AM, Michael Stapelberg
<michael_AT_stapelberg.de> wrote:
> When doing an ls, readdir() gets 9 entries, namely .. colrules ctl event keys
> lbar rbar tag tagrules. As you notice, /client is missing.

 wmii gives client/ a qid of 2. This is not a problem in itself, but
for linux's sake v9fs has to convert the qid to an inode number. On
32-bit machines, the qid->inode mapping resulted in 2->0. Apparently
an inode of zero acts as a sentinel, causing readdir to skip the entry
(if you inspect the dirent struct and nearby memory you can easily
confirm that client is in the list).

 What kernel is this? I reported it awhile back on
kernel.bugzilla.org, but I don't remember what version it was against.
-sqweek