Re: [wmii] Switch to named tag by number

From: Thomas Dahms <dahms_AT_itp.physik.tu-berlin.de>
Date: Sat, 31 Jan 2009 20:42:29 +0100 (CET)

On Fri, 30 Jan 2009, Suraj Kurapati wrote:

> Here is a snippet from my wmiirc[1] (which uses my Rumai[2] library to
> manipulate wmii) that achieves this:
>
> # focus the i'th view
> 10.times do |i|
> key "Mod1-Shift-#{i}" do
> focus_view tags[i-1] || i
> end
> end

Thanks. I will consider using your library if there is no way to do it
with the sh-script. For several reasons I would prefer sticking to the
sh-script.

Please consider adding a link to Rumai and your wmiirc to the alternative
wmiirc scripts section in the wiki, which is still empty at the moment:

http://www.suckless.org/wmii/alternative_wmiirc_scripts.html

Thomas