Re: [wmii] Thunar opening in previous tag

From: Alex Kilgore <adkilgore_AT_gmail.com>
Date: Mon, 16 Feb 2009 03:24:46 -0500

Aditya Mahajan wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I am using the wmii-hg2424. Whenever I try to open a second instance of
> thunar, it always opens on a tag where the first instance is open.
>
> To reproduce the behaviour:
>
> 1. Create a tag "test:1". Press Mod+p and type thunar.
> 2. Create a new tag "test:2". Press Mod+p and type thunar.
>
> Does the second instance of thunar open on "test:2" or on "test:1". For
> me, it opens on test:1. I am wondering if this is a "feature" of wmii or
> if there is something in my config.

   Hi,
This is because thunar apparently just spawns a new window that is from
the same process as the currently running thunar when re-run (you can
test this yourself by running two thunar windows and using pgrep to see
how many processes are running, i got only one). WMII opens all windows
from a process on the same tag, this is intended as a feature, yes.
        Alex K.