Re: [wmii] how to simulate clipboard applet

From: Kris Maglione <maglione.k_AT_gmail.com>
Date: Thu, 12 Mar 2009 23:34:11 -0400

On Fri, Mar 13, 2009 at 01:00:42AM +0100, Martin Kraus wrote:
>hello. I've been wondering is there any way to simulate a clipboard
>applet in wmii? something that would automaticaly keep say 10 last selections and
>would alow you to open a window and select one of those to copy into primary
>buffer for pasting?

Unfortunately, it's not so simple. I've been meaning to write a
selection manager for wmii for a while, but I've barely had time
to breathe lately, and that bit seems to always fall to the
bottom of my priority list. Unfortunately, X11 selections are
very, well, X11, so any attempt to deal with them is bound to
trigger considerable hair loss. On the up side, though, the same
machinery is required for system tray apps, so a
clipboard/primary selection manager would be a big step towards
a wmii-style system tray, if anyone wants to contribute it.

--
Kris Maglione
When a religion is good, I conceive it will support itself; and when