Re: [wmii] wmii hg devel, increased cpu wakeups-from-idle

From: Kris Maglione <maglione.k_AT_gmail.com>
Date: Mon, 16 Mar 2009 19:49:11 -0400

On Tue, Mar 17, 2009 at 12:21:33AM +0100, Martin Kraus wrote:
>You were right. Started with just /bin/true in wmiirc and with urxvt and
>powertop I'm under 10 wakeups. So the problem is with the scripts. I'm using
>standard scripts that come with devel release. Guess it's time to read through
>them to find out what is happening.

My best guess is that the status script is causing the problem.
Try disabling the 'Action status' bit of wmiirc. I'm guessing
that one or more of of date(1), uptime(1), or wmiirc(1) aren't
making the buffer cache. If stopping the status script solves
your problem, try sticking wmiir on a ram disk (it's statically
linked by default), and ideally finding a statically linked
date(1) and uptime(1) to do the same.

--
Kris Maglione
Question with boldness even the existence of God; because if there be