[wmii] Stacks in a column

From: Philipp Hartwig <ph.hartwig_AT_googlemail.com>
Date: Fri, 20 Mar 2009 10:11:34 +0100

Hi,

I noticed a behavior which seems strange to me and I wonder whether it
is intended.

Open a column in default mode containing three clients I call 1, 2 and 3
from top to bottom. If you resize 3 upwards until there is no place
left for 2, 2 and 3 will form a stack occupying two-thirds of the column
which is great. Now switch focus upwards 3->2->1->3. Now 1 and 2 form a
stack occupying two-thirds of the column and 3 is alone at the bottom.
Going upwards 3->2->1->3 again, we get back our stack of 2 and 3 but now
occupying one-third of the column. It's only after two more cycles
3->2->1->3 that we get back our original setup. Why are the stacks
changed when switching focus upwards 1->3? Is this a technical
necessity, a feature or an unintended behavior? To me it would seem more
logical to just leave them in place.

wmii -v gives wmii-hg2435

Thank you.