Re: [wmii] wmii9menu sorting

From: Alex Kilgore <adkilgore_AT_gmail.com>
Date: Sun, 19 Apr 2009 20:41:28 -0400

Kris Maglione wrote:
> On Sun, Apr 19, 2009 at 08:11:37PM -0400, Alex Kilgore wrote:
>> I think I should probably reword my somewhat vague question, sorry!
>> When I right-click the titlebar of a client, "Fullscreen" comes
>> before "Delete" in the menu, and I was trying to reverse that,
>> (as a side note, if i change the Menu Client-3-Delete to Menu
>> Client-3-Close, "Close" comes before "Fullscreen" for whatever reason).
>> I can do this when I call wmii9menu on my own by reversing the args,
>> but I cannot seem to do it with wmiirc / wi_fnmenu()
>> I hope this clarifies what I was trying to ask.
>
> Ah, apparently I can't read numbers. Well, in the case of wmiirc, the
> order is actually at the mercy of awk's hashing algorithm.

Oh, okay, I see.
Well, at any rate, Close instead of Delete reverses the options for me,
which is what I was going for, so that is fine,

Also, while experimenting with wmii9menu, I noticed the -i option, which
apparently controls which one is selected when the menu pops up, And I
remember at one point, the way wi_fnmenu did it was that when you ran
the menu once and selected a certain option, that the same option would
be selected next time you opened the menu, i believe. It is not behaving
the same way for me anymore, is that intended?, I could be wrong about
how this worked, but I was reminded when i saw that wmii9menu was called
with the -i option in wmii.sh
Alex