Re: [wmii] Looking for examples for libixp

From: Kris Maglione <maglione.k_AT_gmail.com>
Date: Tue, 21 Apr 2009 00:56:18 -0400

On Tue, Apr 21, 2009 at 08:35:02AM +0400, Alexey Khudyakov wrote:
>On Tue, Apr 21, 2009 at 8:28 AM, Kris Maglione <maglione.k_AT_gmail.com> wrote:
>> On Tue, Apr 21, 2009 at 08:26:43AM +0400, Alexey Khudyakov wrote:
>>>
>>> I'm not sure whether this right place to ask, but anyway. I've
>>> tried to experiment with libixp without any success. Are there
>>> any simple examples for libixp? One which comes with libixp nor
>>> simple nor easy to understand.
>>
>> Which example, and what are you trying to do? ixpc.c is about as simple as
>> it gets. Server examples are harder to come by, but I can point you at some
>> if that's what you need.
>>
>Server examples are exactly what I need.

Ok. Well, for libixp, the cannonical server example is wmii's
fs.c, but it's not simple. Your best bet is probably,

     http://sqweek.dnsdojo.org/code/m9u/download

You'd probably be better off starting with Plan 9's 9p docs,
though:

     http://plan9.bell-labs.com/sys/man/5/INDEX.html
     http://9p.cat-v.org/documentation

Also, there are scores of examples in the Plan 9 source code.
libixp's server API is based on Plan 9's lib9p, so there's a lot
of overlap. The only big differences are libixp's lack of file
trees and addition of srv_utils.c (which is, unfortunately,
undocumented but incredibly useful for simple servers).

--
Kris Maglione
I have always found that plans are useless, but planning is