Re: [dev] last request for a dev-only list

From: Uriel <lost.goblin_AT_gmail.com>
Date: Thu, 11 Jun 2009 19:32:27 +0200

The set of emails that every member of a list wants to read is
different, the only solution to make everyone happy would be to have
one list per-email (or perhaps one list per-thread, if you are really
optimistic and tolerant).

As an alternative one can setup filters or use the Delete button (or
don't even bother to open threads you aren't interested in, if I read
every single email posted to every single list I'm subscribed to it
would take me more than 24/7 of email reading just to keep up).

Peace

uriel

P.S.: Perhaps having chat@ for random crap and relegating dev@ for
only technical discussions would work, but often it is hard to know
where to draw the line, and two lists with very low traffic are really
a waste of time. Really given the insanely low traffic levels in this
list I don't see why people complains so much, have you ever been
subscribed to lkml or any other high volume list?

<off-topic-rant>I'm starting to suspect that all the stupid web forums
and shit have created a whole generation of users that don't even know
how to deal with email (recently somebody posted to the xiph list
unsure of how mailing lists worked and asking why they didn't use a
web forum instead, a few weeks back some moron posted to reddit asking
about all this stupid open source projects that used this dumb mailing
list technology instead of web forums. *sigh*</off-topic-rant>