Re: [dev] dmenu / enso

From: Kris Maglione <maglione.k_AT_gmail.com>
Date: Sun, 21 Jun 2009 19:40:16 -0400

On Sun, Jun 21, 2009 at 10:31:21PM +0100, Kevin Nagel wrote:
>is it possible to expand dmenu into sth similar like enso
>(http://www.humanized.com/enso/)

The idea seems absurd. We already have unix commands to perform
all of the requisite functionality. And, with dmenu, you've no
need to hold the caps lock key as you type (are these people
insane?). I just open a terminal for such things:

<M-Return>
dict antidisestablishmentarianism<Return>
<M-S-c>

Easily fast enough, and complete with standard tab completion.
If you want something different, bind a key to open dmenu,
execute a command, and display the output somewhere, but I don't
see the point.

--
Kris Maglione
If the designers of X Windows built cars, there would be no fewer than