Re: [dev] dmenu / enso

From: Kevin Nagel <auyeung_AT_ebi.ac.uk>
Date: Mon, 22 Jun 2009 08:45:11 +0100 (BST)

Dmenu shows you only a list of commands specified by PATH. It opens
the app then without any parameters and while selecting for an app
(or command) there is no description what it does. I think sth like
code completion + brief description + argument specification is the
value of enso.

Another neat thing is you could open, e.g. open openoffice writer,
type in "2+3/5", highlight, type in enso-terminal "calc this", and
the result replaces the "2+3/5" string in your document. They claim
that you can do this with other programs as well. I believe I can
program the parser as a unix command, but when it is run from dmenu,
then I need to specify arguments.

Kev

--
Looking forward to hearing from you.