Re: [dev] dwm in a window

From: David Tweed <david.tweed_AT_gmail.com>
Date: Tue, 7 Jul 2009 17:19:41 +0100

On Tue, Jul 7, 2009 at 5:07 PM, Antoni Grzymala<antoni_AT_chopin.edu.pl> wrote:
> David Tweed dixit (2009-07-07, 16:58):
>> system, the "full" display-postscript compositing engine behind "full"
>> GNUstep and all those other "new" windowing systems that never
>> actually got anywhere near completion because the only thing one could
>> do with them in their current state was development.
>
> Hasn't this stuff ended up in OS X?

I'm not aware of that: I thought that all the quartz code was
developed internally by apple (possibly using the original NextStep
code) and didn't use any of the GNUstep "attempted reimplementation"
code. (To be clear: I'm not talking about the concepts developed by
NextStep being used elsewhere but the actual GNUstep codebase not
getting near completion in the above.) But I could be wrong about the
source code's ancestry.

--
cheers, dave tweed__________________________
computer vision reasearcher: david.tweed_AT_gmail.com