Re: [dev] dwm in a window

From: Uriel <lost.goblin_AT_gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 8 Jul 2009 12:45:52 +0200

Agreed, people forgets that wmi did support nesting in a similar sense
to this (with frames or whatever it was called), and nesting of window
structures sucks when the main input method is the keyboard (In rio
the boundary is better defined, plus the use of the mouse makes the
context much more explicit and removes ambiguities).

The key to the Plan 9 model is that the environment and context
provided by the window system to its apps is the same the window
system itself expects, short of xnest (which is a huge and horrible
hack) I dont think anything similar is possible in X unless you
replace the whole model with something sensible like libdraw.

uriel