Re: [dev] dwm / add tabs / attach/detach functionality

From: Christian Garbs <mitch_AT_cgarbs.de>
Date: Sun, 12 Jul 2009 13:23:08 +0200

On Sun, Jun 21, 2009 at 10:22:47PM +0100, Kevin Nagel wrote:

> I am a wmii-2.5 user and like the tabbing concept much more than the
> stacking concept in wmii-3. However, I've considered using dwm, but
> would like to have these features there as well. Also the dynamic
> control of creating/deleting workspaces and not using tagging. Is
> this possible and how difficult is it to change/implement it? I know
> a little bit C, but do I also need to dig in Xlib?

You could try dwm-mitch¹, which is dwm with workspaces.

It's based on an older dwm version because updating the patches to the
current version is too much of a hassle - it works flawlessly and does
what it should, so I'm not that motivated to update it just because I
could :-)

Regards
Christian

¹ http://www.cgarbs.de/dwm-mitch.en.html

--
....Christian.Garbs.....................................http://www.cgarbs.de
Das, was landläufig als eMail bezeichnet wird, müßte korrekterweise