Re: OT: Re: [dev] mention suckless favorably in today's blog article A Quantum of Computing

From: Jimmy Tang <jtang_AT_tchpc.tcd.ie>
Date: Tue, 14 Jul 2009 20:46:25 +0100

On Tue, Jul 14, 2009 at 09:33:32PM +0200, Preben Randhol wrote:
> > > Which god is that then? Odin? Zeus? God? ...
> > >

> > since its quantum mechanics, how about all of them at the same time :)
>
> Heheh, my point was more that quantum mechanics is a human invention to
> try to describe reality ;-) I don't see any god involvement, but then
> again I don't believe in gods. :)

I'd agree with you on the point that it is a human invention/discovery
of how we perceive the world. There are just somethings in the area which
people have real issues with the philosophical impact of the decisions
made with the mathematics of the area. I think at some point I
questioned myself would a god allow me to have negative space and time,
and as a result negative gravity? I'm probably not the first one to get
hung up on it though :P I just gave up and became more atheist as a
result and played more games with the maths :)

Jimmy

--
Jimmy Tang
Trinity Centre for High Performance Computing,